Skirt: me, Red blossom necklace: Tiny Dazzles, Turquoise necklace: Tiny Dazzles
I used my old maxi skirt I made here for a pattern. I folded my fabric in half (hotdog style). My measurements are 43" long (from waist to ankle) with a 1.5 inch allowance for the bottom hem and where the waist attaches to the band. Waist 32" around (please don't tell)!
Then I got this above. I turned the 2 pieces of fabric inside out and sewed a straight stitch along the sides
To make the waist band, I had another piece of fabric measuring 22" high and 30" wide (notice that the waist band is at least 2" smaller in width, this will make it a little snug at the waist so it doesn't fall off)
I folded the waist band fabric hamburger style then hotdog style. Here is what the hotdog/hamburger styles look like. Sew along the one open side
Turn it it inside out. When you are done, the band should look like above.
Then you will have 2 pieces like above
Now, attach the waist band to the skirt using pins (both pieces should be turned inside out, meaning the right sides should be facing). Then hem the bottom of your skirt and you are done:)
Blossom necklace from Tiny Dazzles
Bubble necklace: Tiny Dazzles
beautiful, there are so many tutorials for maxi skirts,but this is the best one yet! I love that you suggest making the waist band smaller....such a great idea! thank you
ReplyDeleteThanx Karen. I have made a few maxis and each time I try doing it differently and I liked this one the best. I have been told it works awesome for pregnant ladies too:)
ReplyDeletecasadei wedges
ReplyDelete(Click to increase the size of)
http://www.editionsdupingouinmasque.fr
ReplyDeletei would like in order to thanks to this kind of. the idea allowed me to a great deal having a venture i just accomplished. at the beginning i actually experimented with simply using simplexml to see some sort of 400mb xml file as well as well, php were…
sac longchamp pas cher
ReplyDeletei highly recommend you show me you actually failed to only make use of a wikipedia site to try and demonstrate an area......
nike tn pas cher
ReplyDeleteCertainly along with Nabeel these are possessing back again for discharge on some of these characteristics, whenever they establish a more recent type in the near future they will make more money.