I realize this post is a few days late..
Anyway, this is the outfit Diana wore for Valentine's. I made her the cute pom poms for her hair and these jaguar jeggings. I got the fabric from fabric.com. It's a beautiful, cotton sateen with a little stretch; perfect for these pants. I get 90% of my fabric from fabric.com, I LOVE their huge fabric selection and pricing.
Crossed fingers??! I wonder what that is all about..
Here is how I made the jeggings. You will need:
1/2 yard Fabric (this fabric is 57" wide, so 1/2 a yard was enough)
1" elastic
Matching thread
Most of the time I use old clothes for a pattern. I lay my pattern flat on the floor and cut at least 1" away from the edges.
Here are the two pieces for the back legs. Turn the 'pattern' pants around and cut the two pieces for the front legs
Put the 2 back pieces together and sew the top part. Do the same for the front legs
Turn the fabric and let the right sides face each other. Then sew them together around the edges as above
Then fold the openings twice and sew. Do the same for the waist. Add your elastic and you are done.
Diana's favorite part about taking pictures is making silly faces.
Black & white jaguar fabric/ Sweatshirt from JC penny no longer available/ Red rain boots/ Pom Pom hair clip made by me
This whole outfit cost less than $25. Now, that puts a huge SMILE on my face.
I love LOVE love these rain boots. I bought 2 pairs at $20. Eli got them in blue. The sweatshirt is also another favorite of mine. I knew she would rock it so I got it for just $8.
No comments:
Post a Comment