Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Diana's room reveal

It has been ages since I lasted blogged here. We finally found a place closer to my husband's work and school. We will be moving in the next coming days. Never been a fan of packing but I hope I will be all packed when the day finally comes.

It's funny that I finally finished my daughter's room in time for us to move. Next time I will be a little efficient with my timing. Anyway, here it is. Forgive me for the blurry pictures, I need to get a new camera. I have dropped this one way too many times.

A little girl's room

SONY DSCThe room is girlie, bright and very simple. We have both loved it.. even though it hasn't always been this tidy


SONY DSCThis is a Costco Abby twin trundle bed going for $750. We got it on KSL for $80. The paint was less than $30. So, it was an awesome steal for us. I was 8 months pregnant with Eli when I started working on it. That was not fun. I made the night stand too; very imperfectly. I still need to fix the one leg in the back.


SONY DSCI made the comforter, pillow case and curtains. I will be sewing some more bedding in the very near future, I will include a tutorial then. I made them really simple and they have lasted a year and still looking great.


SONY DSCWe got the fleece sheets on sale from Ross for $7. They are soft and warm, perfect for cooler weather


SONY DSCThe lamp is from Target. It had a nickle finish and I spray painted it bronze


SONY DSCI made the pom poms here, the 'love birds' poster here and bought the cage at Hobby Lobby. It was a distressed blue color  and I spray painted it hot pink


SONY DSC

SONY DSCPom poms


SONY DSCI made the baby doll crib here


SONY DSC

SONY DSCPicture frames from Ikea and some from Ross. I spray painted some and used mod podge to stick craft paper on some


SONY DSCBasket from Hobby lobby


SONY DSCI made the table and chair,  here and here


SONY DSCThe dresser came from my in-laws,  we sanded and painted it an 'antique white' color like the bed.


In our new place, the kids will share a room. I am eager and excited to start working on it. Hopefully it won't take me a year to finish it. I got some really cute inspirations on shared rooms here. I have been brain storming what colors will work best for a girl and boy's shared room. Do you have any suggestions for me?

 

7 comments:

  1. Wow I LOVE the room! It is so light and beautiful! I am so impressed how you made so many things and thanks for sharing how and where you got things. I love when people do that to help me get ideas and feel like it is possible for me to redecorate without paying the price. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Emily. It was done on a little budget and I am glad it turned out ok. You are very creative yourself. I just checked out Cade's room and love it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative and smart! I love all of your ideas. I wish I could hang out with you and have some of your creativity rub off on me. Hahaha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did our daughter's big girl room in red, yellow, and green, because we still live in the condos and she might have to end up sharing with the next one, whether boy or girl. And it's just a big girl color scheme she can grow into. Diana's room is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. I love your color scheme; not typical colors for a girl. That is something I want to try for my kids this time around. I really like green and I have considered red, navy and grey too. Well, thank you for your input, I appreciate it:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you did with the room! The baby doll crib and changing table are totally genius!

    ReplyDelete