The changing table dimensions are:
Top - 9" L X 14" W
Shelf and bottom - 6.5" L X 14" W
Outer side - 17.5" H X 14" W
The board I used was slightly less than half an inch thick
1. For the top part of the table, I made an outline on the board using a pencil. I used a reciprocating saw to cut off the excess wood then used a sander to make the edges round(ish) and even.
2. This was the first piece I attached to the crib. I used wood glue and nails. After the glue dried, I used 3 nails across to make it stable. I had to put in the nails from the inner side of the crib and used a lot of concision because the board is not thick enough; I didn't want the nails to split it.
3. I attached the top and side board as in (# 2)
4. Repent #2
5. With the shelf, I used these shelf support pegs from Home Depot. Using the drill driver, I made 2 holes on both outer sides of the changing table, and stuck the pegs into the holes.
That's it. If you have any specific questions please ask and I will try my best to answer them.
For those that have asked about the doll crib bedding instructions, I will probably put them up shortly after the Holidays. I will be working on my kid's bedding then, and I will be sure to take pictures and write up some good instructions.
Thanx for your kind comments and patience. I appreciate it greatly.
Hi, I found your site when I was looking for doll changing table plans online. I still haven't decided if I'm brave enough to attempt making this, but I'm considering it. Either way, I was wondering if you've written up your doll bedding tutorial yet? Your crib & bedding are SOOO cute!
ReplyDeleteThanx Hillary. I really think that you can do it. It was fairly easy even for me a 'beginner'. I will be making my kids bedding soon and I will put up a tutorial then. I was hoping to do it sooner but we will see how it goes because I am working on my store right now..
ReplyDeleteThank you Thank you. You did an awesome job can't wait to make this for my girls.
ReplyDeleteAwesome - I am glad to hear that.. All the best Sarah, I am anxious to see your work
ReplyDelete